Tuesday, June 12, 2007

First Impression

Early on a Friday morning, February 19th, 1999, I had a dream. I was seeking the perfect pair of golden shoes. The ones I sought were no ordinary shoes. I didn't know what they should like like or why I was seeking them, but I knew that I was to have them and I would know them when I saw them. I searched through many stores and outdoor gatherings of merchants. It seemed as though I was searching the entire globe to no avail. Exhausted, I walked into a small place. A parlor? There were two rooms. Both were decorated with red velvet and gold trim. Rich, but not ostentatious. In the anteroom was a luxurious divan. Through a curtain of crystal beads was a second room with a wall full of golden shoes. I was in the right place and I was so tired. I lay down on the divan and went to sleep. I awoke with a beautiful, dark-haired woman caressing my face and saying, "Rest, my dear, you're pregnant." Never had I felt so content and so sure that I was in the right place. First for the first time in my life, I felt at peace. It was you. You are my golden shoes.

No comments: